Sunday, March 15, 2009

A beautiful Sunday






Another gorgeous day. I got everyone up at 7:15 so we could go back to York beach at Low Tide and take a walk. Low tide was 9:15 a.m., and we had a 45 minute drive, and we got there just before 10 and IT WAS A PERFECT DAY! I came home after we ran a few errands and sat on the deck under clear cloudless blue skies and chatted with Mom-it was like almost 60 degrees out. I did take some photos but never got around to putting them on the computer so I will put them up soon. The best parts-being outside and the snow melting like crazy- though living in the northwoods (or not in this state but definately compared to a lot of the U.S.A.) we are still pretty dirty white.
Anyhow a few more trip photos just to give some visuals. Today we are at Versailles. A couple of Marie Antoinette photos for you. First, its one view of a wall in her bedroom. She had portraits of her mother, husband and brother on the top of the walls. I think this is her brother (because I can't enlarge the photo enough to see really well). Photo 2 is a chair that was actually hers (if I remember correctly). Then we have the Hall of Mirrors (WOW), a famous portrait of Marie Antoinette and her children, and finally her bed.
More to come another day!

No comments: