Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunshine is a Great Thing




Wow, July 4th weekend is winding up. It sure did fly by. Friday after Ina left I slept and then we went to see the new movie Public Enemies with Johnny Depp. Good film-but they maybe made Dillenger a bit of a hero_ I don't know much about the man and the bank robber and how to fact the flick was.
Yesterday after a guilt ridden and fighting myself kind of morning- Dave convinced me to drive with him to Massachusetts to go to a cook out my Dad's family was having. I'm very glad I went because it was great to see everyone and one of my uncles is really ill and it was good to see him while we still can. I also got to see another uncle who had recently been treated for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and is doing well- didn't expect I would ever get to give him a big hug again and it was great to be able to do that. Plus, mom was there and my cousins and aunts, so it was a good day. Lastly, the weather was better as you went south so it was nice to not have any rain for a day-as they did get some here.Today was also sunny, but cool and breezy, so we went to the lake-after lunch at Pop's (our local fried clam place in Alton Bay)-of course now Dave and Katie (who spent yesterday at the lake and not at the family party with us and spent today at some friends on Merrymeeting) are both cranky about that because of someone there who drives them nuts and is my new "best friend", anyhow- that's a long and different story.
............................................
And next week- we go to California-next week! Wow.

No comments: