Sunday, August 2, 2009

Old Town West





This is old town west- that we Don't have here in New England (the land of white churches and old colonial homes). These are snaps from a short stop in Jacksonville, Oregon on our trip. It was a very cute little town- and we were there early, before shops opened and crowds appeared (thank you says my husband). The photos may not be the best but you get the point of the style of this town. I went to one town once in Nevada- maybe called Silver City- that still had the wooden side walks and the Bucket of Blood Tavern-wish they town was a bit mroe wild west like this but still, I liked this town.
So one day of sun, one of clouds, Friday it RAINED, so that was this weekend. Finished reading the White Tiger and started The Serpent's Tale- book 2 after the Mistress of the Art of Death. Did some scrapping, cleaned my house, now Katie is off with some friends and won't be home until Tuesday. Oh dear, its starting, her stretching her wings further and flying off on this little adventures, her adventures. I get it, but still, she won't be home for 2 nights. Guess I better get used to it with college next year. I have plans though- a friend coming by tomorrow to visit and Tuesday I'm going to do my own little road trip to do a Trader Joe's run. Should visit my Mom this week too. Summer is flying by- wow, we're into August already. I can't believe its not about July 15th because that's how it feels.




No comments: