Monday, February 15, 2010

Rockin' Monday

The Hard Rock in Paris, France. Pretty soon we'll hit the Hard Rock  in Barcelona, Spain.
My daughter collects Hard Rock pins so when we go away we try to visit any nearby a Hard Rock. I think she only likes to go on a trip to somewhere there is a Cafe, but its a fun hobby for her.
So today rocked. I stayed home to be there for when the frig was delivered, and it looks fantastic in my kitchen. Dave moved cabinets so it would  fit over the weeked, will post photos once I unload from my camera. It was great being home too, took a walk this morning-though it was a bit chilly- and I worked for several hours up in the studio finishing wedding cards and working on my Paris journal. Over the weekend I picked up a bit too, which helped...man I have a clutter issue- as my whole house is demonstrating very clearly. UGH.
This afternoon I also ran out to some outlets not too far away from me. I needed new running shoes for the trip, both of mine have holes in the toes and the heels have worn down a quite a bit... I'm not a runner but I walk a lot once the weather warms up a bit...got some new Nikes at the Nike outlet...then Katie dragged me into Coach-which was having a 20% off sale- and I'm not a big bag woman at all, but I found 2 small shoulder bags that were marked down, then 50% off and then 20% off- they worked out to $43 each- a wow price for Coach. Plus Old Navy was having 40% off, and I had a coupon, got Dave a few new shirts for the trip and a couple of spring scarves for me, shirt for Katie- and only spent $29. Not that I needed the purses or the scarves, but...no regrets.
So tomorrow we're suppose to get snow, will we have a snow day or will I be out driving in the mess? Lets see, I don't want to make up a day in June but a lazy day home to relax before the trip, and to finish packing...wait and see.
And here's my latest read- Happiness Project not quite finished- just wasn't feeling that book though it wasn't aweful (kind of felt like I heard a lot of what she was saying already) and decided to read this book since I liked the book about Eiffel and the 1889 World Exposition. Am liking this book a lot so far.

No comments: