Sunday, March 14, 2010

Today's photos

Are of the Pope's Palace in Avignon, France. We didn't do a tour inside as the day was getting on and it wasn't high on our list, and we had such a great walk around the walled city looking and things, taking photos and eating yummy things like crepes and pastries and chocolate....what a great supper.
The bottom photo is different as we took it the next morning and I had to shoot from the car as we drove around and took things in...we were also trying to hit the road and get back towards Spain as we really wanted to go to the Dali Museum in Figueres and we needs some time to drive there. My one big mistake this vacation was I should have booked a couple more days, and I thought of that when I booked tickets, but I was trying to do cheaper fares which didn't carry on over into the weekend. Now it would have been miserable rainy weather had we stayed  and I must say I did like having 3 days at home before going back to work...and with all our college traveling we've started doing in the next several weeks, it was smart....but man, to have had a couple more days would have let us do soo much more visiting.
Oh well.

No comments: