Thursday, November 4, 2010

getting up is soooo hard

Mornings are COLD and DARK. Who wants to roll out of bed? Not me, but I do. The week is flying by...pretty soon I can have 2 sleep in mornings...and since I'm in my hibernating mode I do sleep in...so much for getting up to walk in the morning like I do so well in the warmer months. Maybe I'm part bear- a kind of hibernater in the cold wintery/late fall weather.
So this card came out really nice. The background is a PostModern Design flower background that is embossed in brown. The reading girl is from Oxford Impressions-colored with Copics. Felt snowflake by Hero Arts, circlely punched design (isn't that an intelligent name?) by Martha Stewart and then there's sparkling blue ric-rac trim over that. Loving this circlely punch and how its REALLY WIDE so I can overlap some kind of trim along the middle of this. Love the boldness of Copic color too. (I'd love a chair that color green.) Card reminds me of a cold winter night which is why I added the snowflake.
And since this is a COLD morning...again. Always amazes me how the change of month seems so random-why 31 days in October and 30 in September?, but then you get there and November really is very different from October...Halloween is such a turning point in the environment...bare trees, colder temperatures, obviously darker days...whereas right before Halloween you have trees with some leaves and a bit warmer weather most days. Huh! So much can amuse my tired early morning mind, eh?