Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Another morning already? You mean I have to get up, already?

These pages are suppose to show the Glitzy side of Paris...or maybe the more seedy side since Montmatre and the dancing girls are the artsy side, not the high class side. Lets see, I used a Tim Holtz speckle stamp and white paint to make the snowy look (yup, right off Tim's 12 Tag of Christmas 2010).  On the left, I went with stickers...some Penny Black ones and a Hot off the Press chandelier which I colored a bit. The stamp is Oxford Impressions, there's an Art Chix emphemera and some Prima jewels. On the right page...The dancing girls are a stamp from Postmodern Design...I collect their stamps since they're no longer in business and won this one on eBay a while back. I stamped on sheet music and colored with Copics...on the bottom is part of a tag stamp from B Line Design. And then there's Art Chiz and Prima gems and Martha Stewart punched snowflakes and gold fabric trim and even a piece of Martha Stewart Halloween sticker trim.
 Below is another couple of pages...I LOVE this man- he is a B Line stamp called Frenchie, with some snow on him... clip art tag, words are Stampington and Aladine, big snowflake is from Tattered Angels-LOVE the size of their HUGE stamps...7Gypsies tape, clear plastic snowflakes from Michael's, not sure who makes the French music stamp...hmmm.
I haven't been in the studio hardly at all this week...between the grey when I had no ambition (I'm so tired lately...Dave even had to wake me up this morning...that never needs to happen)  and then the "chores" I needed to do, like wrapping Katie's gifts before she comes home from college Friday and trying to get somewhat caught up on my grading...eeks...plus nights out this week-hair appointment, iPad class at work, finishing up my shopping...art just isn't in my sights...but HOPEFULLY this weekend I might feel a bit inspired. Because right now I will admit...not much isnpiration is flowing through me...not a bad thing nor am I having an artist's block- just don't feel like doign art and taking a break is NOT a bad thing at all.
So I will be showing you more of my altered book...are you sick of it yet?