Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chore Day

Today I am home, for 2 reasons. One, my heel has been KILLING me and I have a drs appointment. Also, they're coming to put in a new windshield on my car as the crack grew about a foot yesterday in the bitter cold. I will say, I called yesterday to set up some appointments and was able to get them all set up and right in. Wow- I'm so efficient...and I guess places aren't super busy right now.
So its NICE to have an unplanned day off. I have a stack of papers to grade and some holiday things to do...plus work in the studio-HOPEFULLY- and grants to rate...so they day will be busy but relaxing- useful busy, not rushing around trying to squeeze in the needed items. Feels good...as I'm trying to get caught up on the chores and can get my holiday and worklists shorter.
So here's some photos of my WORK IN PROGRESS. This is an altered book called Christmas in Paris (Noel a Paris). Its been a blast making it, and I'm setting it in the 1920's and 1930's so its fun to use all those stamps and items I have from that era.
Its fun combining holiday images with Parisian images too, a good mental challenge. And I can make it glitzy and a bit of old fashioned glamour too. That's fun about Christmas and these winter holidays...you can use your bling even if you're not a very blingy personality.
So time to go check Tim Holtz's next tag of Christmas...still amazing how he comes up with all those techniques. And Friday, new Hero Arts stamps...with Saturday release...can't wait. THis winter catalogue by Hero Arts always has SOOOO much to brouse and dream about and sometimes even drool over.
Till another day! I'm off.