Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Wish

I wish the sentiment on this card were true...you can see a bit of winter out from behind the top of this card though and so you know...spring is NOT here yet. Rather unfortunate I think...
Anyhow, my new stamps from Artistic Outpost Arrived the other day- I want to thank you A.O. for combing my 2 envelopes shipping wise!!!! Can't seem to find an e-mail to send you a thank you reply...so hopefully you'll see this. I haven't yet had any time to make anything with those stamps, but this weekend I did manage to make this card with The Birds of a Feather set. Its another great set and I love the images.
So how did I make this card? I started with a piece of paper folded into unevenly...so the back is higher than the front...and I put the fold down on the bottom. I stamped the egg beckaground stamp twice on white paper, colored the eggs with Copics and then distressed with Memories Mango ink. I then attached these to the back.  I then took some blue paper that I texturized with lots of polka dots and colored over that with the Mango ink-I like how the yellowish ink looks more brown on the blue. I attached that to the front of the card. Then I rounded all the corners. I die cut a Tim Holtz Sizzix bird cage in the same blue cardstock as the dots, and used the Mango ink to distress it. I glued that down on the back of the card so only the top shows and put a blue gemstone in the top. I punched out some branches with a Martha Stewart punch and attached it across the top back.
Then I stamped the A.O. bird in brown ink, colored it with Copics and then attached its bottom on the back side of the front blue polka edge- that way when I attached the front of the card to the back the bird is popping up and not attached flat to the egg background. (Does this make sense?) I then punched out a white oval...stamped the saying from the same A.O. set and both distressed it in Mango also and took a brown Copic and outlined the edge. Before I attached that I  ran some paper tape from Tim Holtz across the bottom and also some sheer ribbon with little blue flowers on it...its hard to see that in the photo...and the put the spring oval on top of that.
I'm quite thrilled with the card, actually. Check out Artistic Outpost at this website:

1 comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful use of the AO images for your lovely spring card! Thanks for using Artistic Outpost images.