Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's Just Another Day

Closer to April....
Although the wind is still whipping...the snow seems to be melting...I need spring!
I need this week to move along too unlike last week which dragged and dragged...
But enough about all of that.
Here's a card I made last Sunday which I very much like. It starts with white cardstock. Then on a seperate paper I stamped this background stamp (Cornish Heritage Farms) and used red and mango ink for color the background. I used pinking style scissors to cut it out. I added some 7Gypsies paper tape before I attached it. I cut out the corner swirl on some flowered paper from 7Gyspies. The woman is stamped with an Oxford Impression stamp. I cut away a lot of the background around her but left the lacey bottom. I added a bit of Tim Holtz tape horizontally then and I also added a button sticker which I found tucked away in my sticker stash. The saying is from PostModern Design and I used a few gemstones in the corners. I'm very pleased with how this card came out. You know how it is, sometimes you like a card and sometimes you love a card you make.
So since I'm in a blase morning mood...wishing it was really spring like and in the 60's today (sorry- but I have spring fever so horriblely  right now)...here's some springy photos from our Death Valley Trip...a month ago!
Landscapes different from what my backyard looks like right now--
(another words, not snowy)
Devil's golf course.
Badlands.
Leave only footprints.

Enjoy your day!

No comments: