Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shabby Tea Room Challenge-Happy Birthday

This week's challenge theme over at the Shabby Tea Room is birthdays. Now I must admit, I really don't like to make birthday cards...they never really come out like I want them to and I rarely like the ones I do make. But I made this for my hubby when he turned 50, and I actually quite like it! He did too!  Since I haven't used it in any challenge, thought I would enter it in the Shabby Tea Room Challenge this week.
I slightly distressed the card with some red ink and then added some red duct tape (my husband was most impressed with that part I think) and some black dots by Cornish Heritage Farms. Then I created the insert by stamping the background metal plate (also by the now out of business Cornish heritage Farms) cutting it out and then outlining it and added some very masculine screw brads. The car is also CHF, stamped in black with some silver pen highlighting, as are the words. The 50 is from a set by Sassafras Lass. And I doodled in the word at to make the whole saying flow together.
Maybe some day I will get the birthday card thing down...but I will say, looking at lots of the gorgeous entries over at Shabby Tea Room, I've got a lot of inspiration to get my creative juices flowing.

2 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

FUN card! Love the red duct tape! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR DT

Anonymous said...

Your details are incredible! Such a cool card. Thanks for playing along this week at The Shabby Tea Room.