Sunday, April 3, 2011

Erika Nelson-Bloggers Challenge

Here's my card for this week's Blogger's Challenge-for the Birds! here's the web-site to check out the details of this challenge. This is also a blog hop, so you can jump in from this link also:
I first made a base card with green cardstock and then used some brown ink on a Cornish Heritage Farm backgrounder stamp. Then I used a Sizzix Movers and Shakers die  to cut out the center shape from the card, and added some 7Gypsies fleur de lys paper behind the cut out to over up the hole. I outlined the inner edge of the cut with black Sharpie. I then stamped  the seal (7Gypsies Avignon set) 3 times on the green card..
The bird is also a Sizzix die-cut that I colored with Copic Markers, a white pen, a gold pen and a black Sharpie. I added the bird to the card and then created the crown using some German scrap paper edging. I also added some Hero Arts gemstones to the crown. I also used the same German scrap paper edging along the bottom of the card.
Along the top of the card I stamped a dotted scallop (I believe its an older A muse stamp, but not positive). I decorated that with gold pen over colroed with a brownish-red gel pen. The dots are small dabs of Ranger's Dimensional Pearls.
Lastly I stamped the saying (Hero Arts) and cut the heart out of some 7Gypsies paper, which I added a bit of red ink and after attaching to the card, I outlined the heart with black Sharpie also.

7 comments:

JP Card Crazy said...

Very nice card!Love how you did the sparrow.

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, love the bird with the jeweled crown. So happy you played with us at Blogger's Challenge!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card! The crown embellie and border are wonderful touches! Thanks for playing at the Bloggers Challenge!

Ida said...

Wonderful "Artsy" card. My favorite feature is the crown you added to your bird, so fun.

Anonymous said...

Great to see an Altered look to it! Love it!

Terry said...

Love your crowned Sparrow! Beautiful card!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is a beauty!