Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pip, Pip, Cheerio

Here's another card from these awesome London stamps by Artistic Outpost. For this card I embossed some white paper with Tim Holtz/Sizzix gear plate and then rubbed a lot of block ink over it to make it look well used. Then on seperate sheets of white paper I stamped the man, the Big Ben Tower, the sign and a clock (sorry, not Artistic Outpost but an older stamp from the now defunct Postmodern Designs). I colored in the man with Copics. Then I cut these all out.
Meanwhile, I added a strip of cardstock horizontally from the same paper as the card background. To this I attahced the blue underground sign, the man and the Big Ben Tower. Then I die cut in white using  Tim Holtz/Sizzix distressed banners. I took one of these banners and used just one side of it. But before I attached it I distressd it with some brown ink. I stamped the London postmark and the saying. Then I attached  the clock.
Next step, take some Ranger blue Dimensional Paints and make the blue edges to the right side of the card and above and below the saying-flatten out with a little brush and let dry. Then I added some Viva Dimensional dots in bronze (my favorite color) along the blue-I think they kind of look like some type of old hardware heads-which fits this card. Then I used some crackle on the clock and let everything finishing drying.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: