Sunday, September 11, 2011

Another beautiful day

Yesterday kind of fizzled for me. Not the weather, but my mental state kind of drooped. Between being annoyed with my hubby and being tired and maybe hearing all the sad stories about 9/11 tenth anniversary, been into one of those retrospective slumps lately too.. I did get a couple of grab box goodies from Frantic Stamper-it is a thrill to see what you get and I use a bunch of the stickers and stuff in scrap journal pages...and I read and napped on the screen porch, but it wasn't the most productive day...
Today we're going boating and Katie is joining us with her friend Brian...am looking forward to that.
So here's a journal page from my Outer Banks scrap-journal.
Pirates!
You see a lot of pirate references there since it is on the Outer Banks that Blackbeard was killed. This page contains I pirate lady who I cut out from a postcard that was advertising some product...sorry to the company if you happen to see this, not trying to downplay you. I stamped the grasses (Tatterred Angels-great beach set with BIG stamps). I added a little sandwich sword and some skulls (gosh, wish I could rememebr or find who made this set) (eeks, but I can't think of the name...another compnay I think is defunct...I think...and who can trust this brain? I also added from the same set the little starish map on the top right corner and then I made my fun banner...look below.

Same stamp set as the skull and crossbones. I die cut the pieces with a Spellbinder's Nestability pennant die, then distresed them. The OBX letters are from an older Legacy letters set by Hero Arts, the pirate blob and skull and crossbones are from???????????? (this is killing my brain). I punched little holes with my Japanese screw punch and then used some waxed thread to connect them. I love how they came out and I think they make the page...
Do you agree?


No comments: