Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Coolin' Off

YAHOO! It is feeling a bit more like late September and not so much like summer-or August I should say. I love August, but not when I need to be stuck inside with teenagers (and they don't want to be stuck with me either!!!)

So look at the colors of these 2 sky photos. They are UNTOUCHED, real sky colors last mid-week (took me awhile to unload the photos from my camera). I was upstairs about 6:10 a.m. getting ready for work when I glanced down and my livingroom had this red color to it, and being curious, I went to check it out and spied this great sky out my sliding door. Thanks goodness I hopped on the camera as the color went away about as soon as it appeared. And yes, the old saying-red sky in morning, sailors take warning- did apply as shortly later it clouded in and we had some rain.
Wow, even nature out your back door can truly be outstanding at times!
Speaking of nature, yesterday morning one of my owls woke me up at about 4 a.m. being right outside my wide open (because of the heat) bedroom window. Wish I had one of those super duper flashlights to grab an shine because I bet I would have seen him (or her). You could hear them calling and another owl replying...so cool. I haven't seen them since last winter and would love to see them again.
Here's a photo I took of my owl last winter. I know the same ones are still around, they've been hooting all summer too.
OK, BRRRRRRR
Found this picture of last winter with some blowing snow afetr a storm when I went to get the owl photo...
Why did I do that?
I don't want to even think about winter right now? It's coolin' off but I don't need that kind of cold yet.
So let me show you a card and then move onto bigger and better things.
So here's a fun card that I used some real retro-colors on. All stamps are once again Kim Hughes by Cornish Heritage Farm or Kim Hughes' own company Paper Smooches. I also don't know what the dark streak on the yellow is...it isn't on the card nor my camera....so please IGNORE it.
So to make this card...I used white cardstock that I rounded the corners on. Then I cut out some yellow plaid paper and rounded the corners. Before I attached the yellow I added the green 7Gypsies tape. Then I added the yellow paper. The gnome was stamped on white paper, colored, cut out and attached. Then I stamped the mushrooms directly on the yellow paper, and I colored them and then colored in some grass. Mushrooms are also CHF stamps. The saying is by Paper Smooches. Then I outlined the yellow square with red and added some white dots. Then I went and added some red Dimensional Pearls by Ranger on the paper tape and also on the red border around the yellow plaid paper.
So that is my FUN FALL card for the day. I hope Katie liked it when she got it in the mail at college-she loves gnomes a lot, which is why I made this.
So happy hump day
and
thanks for visiting my blog today.




No comments: