Wednesday, September 7, 2011

More OBX journal

Here's some more pages from my Outer Banks, OBX, travel scrap-journal---for lack of a better name- it is my scrapbook done in journal format.
Today's theme is me trying out some different things.
1)A doodle page. I want to make this "scrapbook" more like a journal so I am trying my hand at adding these pages where I present info in a different format. On this page I wanted to tell about our trip to the Outer Banks. It is all done with black Sharpies, a white uniball pen and assorted colored Copics. I'm happy with it.
2) A colorful splattery background. This page is a great footsteps in the sand photo showing the ENDLESS stretch of beach. I wanted the background to be fun, playful and to try something different-always my motto. So I stamped the words in a golden brown ink (Rusty Pickle) and added a bunch of red and blue smudges (Tim Holtz). The saying is from Postmodern Design. Then I added a torn strip of matching colored paper, the photo and a tag. Finally to finish the page I added this cardboard bunched little bingo dots sized circles. These I bought EONS ago in a big bag from Postmodern Design-they haven't been in business for years.
3) Something softer. I used Crafter's Workshop stencils and some light brown, aqua and pink inks. Then I added the posycard from a set of ocean papers by Tweety Jill. I stamps is also in this set, put it looks as though it belongs on the postcard. I stamped the postmarks (Autumn Leaves), added the 7Gypsies tape, put down the small photo and stamped the word July (Hero Arts). Quite different from the other page but I think it works just as well.
4) Finally, silly stickers. I found this Duck sticker while visiting. So I left the page white but first I stamped the chicken (Tweety Jill) in black and then I stamped the silly duck (????) and colroed the duck. I added some Martha Stewart paper tape and then made the silly Duck sticker into a lift up tag by sticking the sticker on some white paper and then folding it over so I cut 2 copies of the sticker shape, with a little tab added at the top. You can't see it here, but this sticker lifts and I left a little note on the underneath.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my OBX pages!

No comments: