Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Need to take some photos

I am running out of art to show you...at least running out of photographed art. But today, let me show you this card, which is fun and perky. I love making cards with fish. Don't know why-maybe because I am a Pieces, but I do. And these silly fish by Paper Smooches are really fun to make cards with. 
I used this great colorful cardstock as the base and then I used my Sizzix to cut out a white card with scalloped edges- but I cut that card right down the fold and attached half of it to the front of my card. Then I stamped  and colored the fish, added some of the bubbles which I also colored, along with a couple of sprigs of seaweed. Then the saying, a light brushing with some aqua colored ink and a stiple brush and finally I added some silver Stickles just on the inner points of the scallops.
It was EASY!  You know me...making tons of cards for Katie at college...she wants to smile so I make them simple but fun, and I'm not really a frilly lady...
But I love fish!
I usually write my blog on weekdays (at least working weekdays) when I get home the evening before I post...It is a great way to unwind for me and transistion myself from teacher to artist. So although this posts Wednesday morning (already-wow! and the middle of September to boot!) I am writing this Tuesday evening. And now, I feel ready to go hit the studio for a bit...try out some techniques from yesterday's session of my on-line class. I am saving today's session for tonight, after dinner, when I really go into relax mode.
So have a GREAT Wednesday...hump day...wow-this week is moving right along, isn't it?

No comments: