Saturday, September 24, 2011

Scrap Journal Pages to Share

It is Saturday....and not suppose to be the most beautiful weather today-maybe a bit or a lot wet, we shall see.
Thought I would share some scrap journal pages with you from last summer's vacation to North Carolina's Outer Banks. In particular, we went to Kitty Hawk where the Wright Brother's first flew. My husband is in the airport design business, and so it had a lot of meaning to him and to us, we wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for the Wright Brother's.
So this top page was made by attaching this cool travel paper onto watercolor paper. The planes are punched out. Not sure who made it-I bought a Grab Box from Frantic Stamper awhile back, this one was a summer, beach, travel set and this paper fit the bill. The photo is the large disc which I cut out and attached. The postage stamp is a real one that I scavenged in a set I bought at Kitty Hawk. I stamped the postal lines. The words are made from little postage stickers I got int he same Grab box. And there's a cut-out from Kaiser Crafts that I got in the grab box too. I mean- it was a $40 box and I can't pick but you get like $200 worth of supplies, and if you're creative enough to work with different items...it's a great deal.

I stamped the planes (River City) in red all over the paper and then attached the 4 little photos on the left. I added the paper ribbon, the 7Gypsies tage (which I colored) and then I stamped the 3 red circle and the 3 black inner circles (Hero Arts).
I like this page. The photo isn't really a place of beauty or of someone, but it's what Kitty Hawk is really like. I added the words before I printed it out. I put yellow paper down on the watercolor which was trimmed to scallops on the edge. I outlined the photo in black Sharpie and attached the clear image (Tattered Angels-got this set on a mark down table-got to love mark down tables). Then I had some blue border stickers (the Grab Box again) which I trimmed down to make the right edging. Two more stamps from the set of stamps I bought at Kitty Hawk, a air mail paper cut out from another set I bought on mark down, the stamped French words (maybe Inkadinkado-have had this stamp for a long time) and finally some little yellow dot stickers-again-an old set sitting in my stacks for quite awhile.
And my honey at Kitty Hawk. Cool airplane paper (Grab Box again) and some brown scraps which is the edging from this airplane paper. I added some Tim Holtz paper tape, then the photo. Then 3 Kaiser Craft tags (from the Grab Box again). Finally some bronze Viva dots. Simple, but it works I think.
I need to take some more photos of art work...got to find some time...not sure how busy I am going to end up today...one never knows what the hubby might suck me into...and tomorrow we're off to Louden and Nascar...keep your fingers crossed it will be dry and not rainy.
Happy Weekend!

No comments: