Monday, September 5, 2011

Weekend Wind Down

The weekend is in wrap up mode today. I need to clean and Katie has her last shift at the lake for the season-kind of sad about that part because it means we are really wrapping up some of the best parts of summer. Surprisingly, there is a lot of color already starting in the leaves...fall is starting to show its face...but today we are still pretty warm and humid and not the best of days on the sun end...but that's ok. Yesterday we had a great boating day, and my weekend has been FANTASTIC. No complaints. It didn't even seem to blow right by either.
So as I have done the past couple of mornings, here's that same photo just "tweeked" differently on photoshop. This looks more like a minilmalist painting of a sunset...though it is early morning. Not sure which of the 3 is my favorite; How about you?
So here's a silly card I made the other day- I love this giraffe!!!! I'm not sure who made this stamp, but it was in a set I got off of eBay full of older used stamps.  I stamped it in black on white paper, colored with Copics and dusted the white background with blue ink. Then I used a Sizzix oval frame die twice, once to cut out the giraffe (but didn't use the frame part) and then again on white paper and this time I used the frame. Before I glued it down I distressed it. I then added yellow Viva dots on the scallops and added this great saying from Cornish Heritage Farms.
So to sort of quote this card, whatever is on your day's agenda...even if it's just chilling...make it a good one!

No comments: