Monday, October 3, 2011

A new week

Trying to get a new attitude for the new week, Trying not to be so unhappy about work-in my head- it is bringing me down. Letting stress and everyone else's bad attitude give me a bad attitude too. But I am going to take a new attitude. Four days of kids and a work day on Friday. I have parent's night on Thursday but with Friday being a work day that helps- a lot. And then a long weekend. And Mom's birthday is the 12th and  I am thinking abouit taking the day off to go visit her on her birthday, which she would like. And then a night away the following weekend for my anniversary. So there is a lot of good things ahead!
I am going to think those good thoughts and not the let the negative work atmosphere bring me down into the dark depths of melancholy work stress.

ENOUGH SAID!

Anyhow, it was a wet weekend and yesterday I made a bunch more cards and made more donuts (chocolate with chocolate frosting and chocolate jimmies-oh yeah baby!), made chili for tonight's dinner and made nachoes for our dinner before Katie buzzed back to school. The rain made it a weekend you didn't care if you went out or got out of your sweats, and that felt good. Napped and read- am trying an Anne Rice vampire book- The Vampire Armand. Not sure if I will make it through this book, I tried another one, Vittorio, and couldn't really get through it, though I did read not so good reviews about that book, so maybe I need to be more optimistic...so I am half expecting this here too, but I got the book cheap at the Street Fair this past summer in their book tent so I am giving it a shot. Maybe I need to go back to the first book in order to read these.
The Withcing Hour by Anne Rice is one of my favorite scray books...read it twice...but I seem to struggle with her vampire books that so many people love. Like I said, maybe I need book one.
And if I can't get into this, I'll just read something else.

It is that time of year for some Vampire/scary reading, isn't it?
Now for something not to scary but my card for the day:
So my Halloween card for the day. Here we go, a silly fun card for a Monday. And the orange background is bright for another dark morning.
So I stamped with Versamark the dot background (Hero Arts) on orange cardstock, then embossed with black powder. I die cut the oval frame on paper that was grey on one side and white on the other. I used the grey side for the frame and then turned over the center and used orange ink and a brush to dirtess it. I attached the witch (Paper Smooches). I stamped her on white and colored her. She does crack me up! I love the green lips...and purple cheeks. Ha-ha! Then I punched the car (Martha Stewart) and added an eye to her too. Finally I added the saying from the Memory Box stamp I have been using so much lately and added some black Viva dots to the frame.
Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: