Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January Thaw

Just GOT TO LOVE the fantastic weather we had yesterday!
Ignore the tire pressure too low (snowtires not hooked up to my sensors) but look at the temperature on my dash- I LOVE IT!

Notice my road-a gravel one- has just turned to mud!!!
Just like spring!!!!!

Puddle stomping would be a good activity for this afternoon-here's my back sidewalk...
Suppose to cool off today...that's enough to make a grown woman cry.
So I'll take my mind off that and show you a bit of art.
Something that always cheers me up!

Here's a holiday journal page that's not too holiday-ish...my daughter is a Vera Bradley freak...she loves the stuff and seemed to get a whole stash of it for Christmas. (Thank goodness for one day email sales, TJ MAXX and an outlet down in Massachusetts...those items get EXPENSIVE!) but anyhow...I took this photos of some of the items she got...though mostly you see the fabrics. Then I used some printed paper and some inked background watercolor paper. I also used some red trim. What I love is that I recycled this tag and white ribbon that came around one of her gifts. Then I die cut some flowers in white (Sizzix)- I love this old fashioned fringed flower, and I colored them with Copic marker and inked them and then assembled them with a velvet brad from Making Memories. FInally I die cut a couple of leaves (Sizzix) and markered the edges of each and added a small bit of journaling...very happy with this page...and I love using flowers I just don't think they are appropriate on every page.

And here's a page from our roadtrip to Cabela's in Maine...they have these taxidermied animals displayed and since U Maine is my alma mater and out mascot is the black bear...I had to make this page. I layered paper tape (7Gyspies) on the white background paper and then attached the photo. I stamped the word Maine and used a Stampotique heart stamp (Jo Capper-Sandon) 3 times-and then colored in the hearts. I also used a Jenni Bowlin die cut tag which I journaled on and added a small postmark stamp (Paper Co.) that says Portland, ME. Then I die cut the 4 trees (Sizzix), inked them with some darker green ink for a bit of a distressed look and after attaching, I added some Viva red PaintPen dots-since it was the holiday season.
And finally

This title page for the last section of the journal. On the my white background paper I stamped some clocks (I think Judikins....) in black and the Happy New Year saying (Basic Grey) in blue ink. Then I covered a manilla tag in printed paper and stamped in red the upside down fireworks from the same Baic Grey mini set as the Happy New Year saying. Kind of gave a nice edge to the tag. Then I added some string to the tag and attached it on the page, and finally used some October Afternoon sticker letters as my title.
Simple, simple, simple!
So new classes start today- it is now second semester at school! Woke up a little nervous today...but that's always how it works for me.
And in 1 week only- it will be February!
Thanks for visiting.

No comments: