Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mosaic Card

Wednesday! Having Monday off makes the week FLY! This is the last week of second quarter, and then we're into the second half of the school year. Exams for my classes start Friday. Wow!
To make this card I started with pink cardstock and also a coordinating piece of pink reptile skin looking cardstock. (Same company made both but I didn't get them because they matched so well.) Then I had a page of stamped images image made with Oxford Impressions Casablanca stamps (stamped in bown ink) and also a Stampington Heart stamp stamped and colored in red. I used an inchie punch to punch the 4 squares from that masterboard page and attached them to the card. I stamped the passport/visa image on acetate and them glued it down on some thin paper. Once dry I peeled it off to give the back the mottled look that it has. I used Staz On ink on the acetate as it dries quickly and is the right kind of ink for a non-paper surface.
I stamped the words.
Then I glued down the tiny Prima flowers and added some Viva Paint Pen dots in cream (looks like pearls to me) in not only the center of each flower but in the mini-swirls I created.
Knitting Socks from Around the World: 25 Patterns in a Variety of Styles and Techniques
Yesterday this knitting book I bought from an Amazon used seller arrived. What a fantastic sock book. Makes me want to pull out my yarn and start some socks...but first, I must finish the latest hat project!!!! And about 100 other projects of various sorts I have sitting around...Between my mitten book and now socks...time to put on some more old movies and knit I think.
Should show you some photos one day soon.
Plus, all this new CHA items are showing up people's blogs and websites-it is quite exciting. Tim Holtz has some fun new items coming, as does Studio 490, Sizzix... love seeing what the trends are.
I've kind of been in arty heaven lately...just wish I could spend more hours a day at it.
Just want to finish my holiday journal too so I can move on in that area too!
But maybe by this weekend...I'll keep plodding along.

That's my post for today.
I appreciate your visiting.

No comments: