Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chilly

The weather has changed a bit and we're in the cold!!!! But it is Sunday and the fire is blazing in the woodstove and the house is toasty...I can sit home all day and play in the studio...plus do a few other mini- chores I want to get done.
And hurray-Maine won last night against UMassLowell- Lowell is #1 in Hockey East right now and it was a fast paced, nail biting kind of game. Love it. Dave and I went with his sister and brother-in law who we've been to qutie a few games with this year. Fun to have another couple to share the joy and pain with. Had a fun dinner before the game with lots of other Maine fans at the Beer Works ...had some delicious brew and a yummy meatloaf sandwhich...oh yes.
So today I want to celebrate spring and warmth and all those things it is NOT today in New Hampshire. I used green cardstock which I stamped in mango ink some Autumn Leaves postmarks, the word RUSH from a clear mail art stamp set (that I can't remember who made but the I think the company is no longer making stamps) and a great old fashion sign stamp from Oxford Impressions new Spring set.  Then I die cut the little frame (Sizzix) and stamped the words using Technique Tuesday's spring word set (now retired), I die cut the leafy braches (Sizzix) and stamped the chick on white paper (also from the new Oxford Impressions spring set). I colored him and cut him out and then attached him amongst the leaves. Then I took the mango ink and gave the card a few rubs just to give it a bit of depth and a bit more of a vintage feel. I used another older but goody rubber stamp- this time from Hero Arts. The mini butterfly comes from an old mini-butterfly set, and I stamped those in red and then used a Sakura gelly-roll pen to brighten them and give them some depth. Finally I rounded the corners and took I white pen and doodled in the white stitching- it goes around the whole card edge though in this photo you can't see it. 
In case you can't figure this one out, I used the far far away post mark because that's how spring feels right now and I used the rush word because that's what I want it to do.
So have a wonderful Sunday.
Thanks for visiting too.

No comments: