Saturday, February 18, 2012

Movies, weird karma and spring like weather

Saturday is here!
Yesterday we were in the warmth just like spring- 50-ish degrees, road and driveway turned to mud soup. But it was still so nice out. I will say though that either I was being too sensitive or there was a weird karma in the air, but something just didn't feel quite right. The vibe was wrong I guess you could say. Kind of made it a weird afternoon and evening.
So since it is Saturday and a good day to go to the movies, here's a fun card. I want to see that movie about the Edward theKing of England and Wallis Simpson. Don't think I will go to the movies today though, but hoping for some play time of some sort. Not sure yet what I will be up to.But it is another gorgeous morning/day so maybe a beach walk will be in my future.
But am enjoying these Riley the Moose stamps I picked up. They're just fun. Here I started with blue cardstock and also Tim Holtz's movie stamp set.  I used the background stamp of movie times in red on the card, there was some overlapping of the image and I also distressed the card with some mango ink. Then I stamped the filmstrip in black on white paper and used some Distress stain to color it. I also stamped the popcorn and the movie ticket on white with the same red ink as the background- Ranger's Vermillion is the color and brand.  I did a bit of popcorn coloring with Copics and then I distressed both images with the mango ink. I stamped the moose on white paper and colored him with Copics. And lastly I die cut the round ring using 2 Sizzix circle framelet dies. I attached the images with a bit of layering and overlapping, and then the red ring needed something so everything would stand out a bit more - I did some scribbling with a fine tip black Sharpie on it.
Finally, I stamped the saying on a scrap of the blue cardstock. It is using a stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms.
Have a great Saturday, a great weekend and hope you have a bit of spring weather in your neck of the woods too.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Oh this is so cute! Love Riley and you colored him so cute! Love the popcorn image and the sentiment! Hope you get to see your movie and enjoy that nice weather!