Tuesday, March 27, 2012

More Snippets from My NC Journal

Today's post will show you some snippets from various pages of my North Carolina/Outer Banks scrap journal.
I love this little flag banner-I stamped the images with a Darcy's set and I cut them out and strung them with bakery twine. I also cut off the top of some 7Gypsies paper clips-using just the tops and not the clip part.
The journal tag is something I made with an older stamp I had...that works perfect here.
Here's a snippet. You can see I first used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some red ink to stencil on the image. Then I sprayed the page with some spray ink. There's a red strip of paper...I heart I cut out from some scraps and journaled on. I used a couple of little snips of Martha Stewart paper tape, some red Viva paint pen dots and also this cool Darcy's metal tag.
How about this circle die cut that I wrapped with some 7Gypsies paper tape in 3 places. I attached it and added some bronze colored Viva paint pen dots on the inside. And here's another one of those cool Darcy's tags.
And here's my cool background that I made on some watercolor paper. I stamped this cool Paula Best margarita stamp which I then colored with Copics and used some sparklely pens...you can see it a bit better on the bottom of the 2 photos.
And one last snippet.  I speckled the background paper with a few colors of spray ink and added another spray ink on the brown craft paper I also put on the page. I added  another die cut paper ring with some bronze Viva paint pen inner dots (can you tell when I find a technique I like I reuse it a few times). I also used some 7Gypsies brown paper tape, a gold scrap anchor and the stamped image...can't remember who made the stamp set where you get lots of stamp rings and words you can put into the stamps.

So the weather here has gone from summer last week into February right now-COLD and WINDY!!! It was 25 degrees this morning and last week I was waking up to 55 degrees. It figures!!!!
It does warm up a bit during the day but with cold Canadian wind....
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
I had a good day off yesterday too. Did some chores, even some spring cleaning. Worked in the studio and went to my fav. craft store in Massachusetts and Trader Joe's. Have some new toys to play with when I get home later today.
Love it....but there are so many cool new items out I just want to buy them all! How does one decided what to buy?  I did manage but it was tough.
LOL!
Thanks for visiting!







No comments: