Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bright and Beautiful

 
Here's another page from my Arizona scrap-journal that I have been working on a lot lately. Been pushing some creative limits- but since work has been so busy with end of the year push I am not really doing anything too wild- scrap-journaling is relaxing and allows me to try new techniques without pushing my tired brain to the max.
I love this background. I started by using 2 older Cornish Heritage Farms backgrounders-Spanish Writing and this grunge/worn little line image. Then I used 3 shades of Dylusions spray-green, lime and yellow.
I was also fascinated by the cacti I saw in Arizona since it is so VERY VERY different from what we have in New Hampshire. Plus, lets face it, I am a biology geek too.
The tag is one from 7Gypsies. The little star-which is crooked here but is held on with a brad so I could straighten it out, if from My Favorite Things die cuts. It is from their mini-western charm set which I picked up just for all the western pages I will and have done in this book.
The Arizona word is embossed onto the page using some older Technique Tuesday stamps. They've given up on their alphabets-and I know that alphabets aren't as popular as they once were-lets face it-how many do you really need, but I love their older ones that came in the different sizes.



OK, off to another busy day at work. This week is the last BIG final push, next week will be still a push but not as much, and then we will be in the senior week.
Time is flying by!
(Course I can't wait until summer break!)
Thanks for visiting.



No comments: