Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday is a Rose

Simple photo on a fairly simple background. I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil which I sprayed to create the center flowers and then I flipped the wet stencil over to make the images and blobs on the page. Then I used some Prima thread designed stamps with some various colored ink to fill in around the stencil. I just love circles, and the thread stamps are great circle items.
I also thought the page was helped by this tiny section of red doily (Cheer Lynn Designs) die cut sticking out the bottom.
I added the photo and the words (from a Postmodern Design stamp) which I stamped, cut out and inked.
And here's another related page. I used the same flower stencil and some pink and orange Dylusions spray ink. Quite LOVE the background.  Then I used a Sharpie and outlined the words, which I then painted in with some various liquid acrylic inks. The orange ink I used in the gardens word is from Viva, the others are some very old acrylic inks I bought years ago at Michael's.  Once dry-I used a white pen to doodled on my letters. Finally, I stamped the word bloom.
So did everyone have a nice weekend?
Here in New Hampshire we had a really nice weekend-but a good sized thunderstorm Saturday afternoon that broke the super hot and humid weather. I spent a lot of time on or near water-lake and ocean. We went out in Dave's boat yesterday and went mackerel jigging and caught a bunch of these fish. I never realized how pretty they are. Well Dave caught a bunch and I only caught 2-and we each caught a squid too. But it was really a fun time! Enjoy spending time with the hubby-we always have so much fun with each other. 
And what I love about going out in the boat is that every time we go out I discover something new.

You can see what a gorgeous day it was.
A real summer day.

And last night we had True Blood on tv.
It was a really really good day.
Have a great Monday and the new week ahead!




No comments: