Sunday, June 3, 2012

So Many Clouds and so Much Rain

It is a VERY dark morning here in New Hampshire.
Going to be a good day to hang out in my sweats and nap and play in the studio.
Had a great day with my friend Lorrie yesterday-she came up and we went to the Keepsakes Quilting and Patternworks Yarn sale. Got a few things-but there wasn't too much that excited me. The crowds were so small too-probably all the heavy rain and cool temperatures.
We even put a fire in the fireplace last night-take off the damp chill.
Can you believe that-fire on June 2?

So here's some more scrap journal pages from our Arizona trip last Feb. I found this cool old postcard packet on eBay awhile back-and since it was under $3 decided I should get it for my book. This is actually a colored copy I made. On the page I added my address and the names of Katie and critters at home, so that's the blur on this photo. It is not really on the postcard.
So I used some 7Gypsies postal paper for the background and then I sprayed some red Dylusions ink. I used some assorted tapes, and I added an old postal stamp to the postcard to make it look real and as though I mailed it. I also added the postmark lines with probably the most used stamp I own. I stamped the greeting word because isn't that what lots of these old postcards say?.
The cactus is a stamped image I colored and then cut out. The boot is a die cut as is the howling coyote-but I cut the coyote from paper I embossed.
Those are images that are definitely southern Arizona.
Here's another page I made with another postcard in the booklet.
This page has a lot more paper and tape layering-I used some Tim Holtz tissue paper,7Gypsies tape and some decorative paper.  I think it still needs something, but not sure what? This postcard scene is the Mission just south of Tucson that we found while driving to the Titan Missile Museum that Dave wanted to visit. It was a fantastic find-a great example of an old Spanish Mission with some fabulous folk painting and carving. 
To this page I added this die cut car-since we were driving by and spontaneously got off the highway.There's also the stop sign I die cut, stamped and colored.
Finally one more postcard page.

This page has a western/cowboy flair. Love the picture here- and since we did go down to Bisbee and Tombstone-real wild west country, I have been itching to do some western pages. I started this page by stamping the star images (River City Rubber) on water color paper. Then I used some October Afternoon Sasparilla paper which I punched out the edge. I sprayed this with some brown and green  inks and then added the postcard. The saying on the top of the postcard is from Hero Arts and Studio Calico Abroad set. 
I also added some border  stickers, an October Afternoon metal sticker and also an October Afternoon die cut which I colored, stamped and distressed a bit.
I also added this barb wire image from Stampotique.

That's a lot for today.
Make it a great day!




No comments: