Friday, October 5, 2012

10 Things Friday

Yahoo-Long weekend ahead.
First I need to get through my teacher workday.
But I am teaching book making today with my friend Joanne to any teacher's who want to play with us. Wonder what our turnout will be.
Any special plans?

So today for 10 Things Friday I'm going to hit the archives.
Sometimes it is fun to look backwards for inspiration and to see how your style is evolving.
10 favorite October-Halloween pieces of art from years past.
Here we go.
1.
Inchie card. The inchies are stamped and colored on acetate and then mounted on white so the colors really stand out.
2.
Distressed card stock, a black felt lace, plus a fun little plastic skeleton head and some plastic spiders-put together they make a kind of Gothic card.
3.
This card is spooky cute. I love the bat background stamp (Hero Arts) and the candy corn stamp (Autumn Leaves).
4.
I have this thing for witches and witch image stamps. This card is fairly straight forward and simple but I tend to like simple cards that don't look too cluttered.
5.
Page from an altered book with a large punch out and some punched out witches repeated. Repeated patterns can look good, and this Martha Stewart large punch is a favorite of mine. Glad I wrote this post since it reminded me to go dig this out and use it.
6.
Love the silhouette skeleton.  I added the hanging spiders to the arm. I like how the skeleton is large in proportion to the rest of the tag and so it seems to have come out of the ground like some Halloween Godzilla.
7.
This tag I like because I used this not Halloween woman and gave her bloody fangs like a vampire. And I added the bats to bring home that effect.
8.
This mad wold/dog stamp on the bottom left is one of my all time favorites. I added it to the black and white map which was in the altered book. And the red ink blood spots look pretty real.
9.
This spread in the same altered book is neat and pretty and well finished. No messy edges here.
10.
I like this spread because it has some layers to it. I also like the woman on the left- a stamp from B Line. She's not a Halloween character but by her balancing the tombstones, she looks more appropriate to the book.
So that is my post for today.
No kids at school-
and it is Friday.
(The only thing better would be if it was a pay Friday!)
Thanks for visiting.


No comments: