Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Collage Book

So last year I made this little collaged Halloween book. I finished it but never felt really happy with the pages. They didn't have a lot of depth.
So this year I decided maybe it just needed some sprays. Just enough to pull all the collaged items together.
I now love this page. It is a mix of pieces of paper, tape, confetti ravens, tape, embossed stamped ravens, die cut numbers, stickers and some Viva paint pens. 
And of course, Dylusion's spray ink in black.
Here's the rest of that page spread. I think the black really gives it a dark, night-ish kind of look.
Spookier than before.
Which I should have photographed but didn't think to do.
Oh well.
Here's some other views.
And what would a Halloween book be without a witch, even if she does fly on a bicycle rather than a broom.
'
And every book needs a tag.
Stamped images by Red Lead.
Here's the cool striped bag I added to hold the tag. I made it shiny with some white Tattered Angels  The pumpkin stack is an image from Cherry Pie stamps that I stamped, colored and then cut out. The stamped images of list is from Rubber Moon.
And how about coffins and spider webs.
Both the stamped images and the  die cut skeletons inside are from Prickly Pear.
And fun little skeletons inside.

And this page is a collection with the instructions how to make a witches brew. Stamped image is from Stamp Francisco. The scroll is from Postmodern Design. The hat and cauldron are from Martha Stewart. I personally like the bubbling green Stickles.
So yesterday was one of those day at work when I wanted to cry. One of those days where one thing just popped up after another. We've all had them. Hate it too, since I already had a busy day but when I have to pick up the pieces for someone else, it bugs me.  I did go get my hair done though after work-which made me feel better- and luckily I had made that pot of chili on Monday so dinner was cooked and ready to go. But I was SO exhausted last night we just left our dirty dishes in the sink. I don't even care that I have to deal with it today.
And tonight we have National Honor Society Induction. Another busy day ahead. 
BUT hopefully, not like yesterday.
So glad you were able to stop by and see my artwork.
And listen to me unload for a bit.
Have a great day.





No comments: