Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lots of Cards!!!

Since Halloween is just about here I thought I'd better post the last of the holiday cards I made. Who wants to look at Halloween cards once we get into November? Actually, I am kind of tired of them now-lol- but I think these are pretty cute and I want to share them with you.
What a lucky kid I have who gets these sent to her at college! Ha-ha-I am such a nice mom. I don't worry about making too fancy of cards, but I like to make fun cards for her.

.
Here's card my first card. I used a Provocraft embossing folder for the background-on black paper with white ink rubbed over the page. The tombstones are one of the new fall releases from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.
And then something a bit simpler. The village is from a Martha Stewart set. I added lots of silver Stickles to make the stars. The stickers are from Making Memories and you might notice the witch flying on the left hand side. I didn't color her in since I didn't want her to POP too much on the card. She is on a small Halloween cube from Northwoods Rubber stamps.
I also wanted to play with my dies and card cutting. I made 2 cards doing this. The top pumpkin is using one of Sizzix's new news. The face is Tim Holtz/Sizzix's magnetic dies. I used a Memory box spiderweb die to make the web and the Spellbinder's mini-leaves die to make those little leaves.
And here I used a Spellbinder's Tombstone Nestabilities set. I embossed the skull (Paper Artsy)...stamped on the date and the postmark using Versamark (for a watercolor effect). I doodled the spider web and added the little plastic spider. (Wish I could find more of these. Several years ago I found a big bag of these mini plastic spiders and they are great for these projects. I am getting low.)
I stamped the crow on paper and then cut it out and added it to my tombstone.
Finally, here's a card I actually feel pretty creative making. I used the arched window dies from Memory Box. I colored the window panes and then used Crackle Glaze on them to make them look old. The skull is from October Afternoon. The spider is from the Sizzix Tim Holtz candelabra/ spider die.  The colored background is one of the pages that I mono-printed with my Gelli plate. 

So I'm writing this yesterday and we're on the hurricane watch here. Hurricane Sandy is suppose to effect us somehow tomorrow into Tuesday. Well not the actual hurricane but the rain and wind effects from it.  UNH cancelled classes for both of those days and is asking people to go home in case of the power outages they are talking about.
We shall see.
Katie is psyched though since her birthday is Tuesday and she won't have to go to classes.
Think she's going to be hanging home for a few days.
Nice little mini-vacation for her.
I don't know if we'll have any issues or school cancellations or not...I would love a day off BUT I don't want to have to make it up in June. Since who knows what we'll have for snow days this winter.
We shall just have to wait and see.
Today we're having our big birthday dinner for both Katie and Dave.
Can't believe my little girl is going to be 21-GASP!

Thanks for stopping by.









No comments: