Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Some fun journaling

Here's a snippet of a journal page that I recently made. I started by using gesso and then painting the page with some pink acrylic paint. I used a circle foam stamp and soaked up some of the paint to leave a reverse dot image on the page's background. You can see that on the far right side of this photo.  Finally I used my favorite stencil from Crafter's Workshop-Circle Explosion- and some blue acrylic paint to finish my background.
I then stamped the ring image and drew the flowers in white, then added paint to color those flowers. Finally I stamped the lady-she is an Impression Obsession stamp.
I dressed one of those ladies up with some German gold foil-added the quote (Dylusions/Stamper's Anonymous) and my own little addition.
So I am going to see the new Twilight with my daughter today, and I need to make an apple pie for tomorrow. I am very excited to have a down day today-my first time ever having this day off from school. YEAH! Hopefully, a little studio time, sleep in time, whatever other fun things I can do to start off holiday my weekend. 
Thanks for visiting!


3 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Fun page! Love that Dyan sentiment... priceless!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fabulous color...wow!

Hadiyah said...

Love thr colour combination. Fabulous page, and the sentiment is "WOW"