Saturday, January 5, 2013

Need some color?

I do.  It has been super cold lately-down around 0 (Fahrenheit) at night with about a foot of crusty snow on the ground. The days have been pretty nippy too-that cold Canadian wind, and the ocean humidity...Brrrr.
Oh yes, I knew this would happen eventually. We were lucky last year with hardly any snow but old man winter does show up eventually.
It was nice having a short week back to work after the holiday break but since I am still trying to get over my holiday ear/sinus infections, I am glad to have a weekend down to finish re-cooping.
The little bit of art I have been doing lately involves bright colors.
These flowers particularly cheer me up.
Images are from Flourishes Clear Stamps-BLOOMIN' AUSSIE FLORALS.
. I colored with Sharpies and then cut them out, did some layering on the bottom flower and then added a bit of Stickles to the centers.
Here's a slightly crooked view of the whole card. I used a Quickutz embossing folder on brown paper bag paper to make the center piece and the just because came out pretty cool with a slightly 3D effect. This is also from a Flourishes stamp set-Inside and Out Just Because.
(Fun set- this phrase is large and then there is lots of choices to complete the idea.)
To make this I started by stamping and embossing the words in pink embossing powder. Then I used my finger and rubbed some light brown ink over it, then some dark pink ink to color the whole area to give it some extra depth. Then I took a white pen and outlined the words.
Finally, I stamped little matching pink ink dots on the background card stock and added a bit of contrasting ribbon and some Viva white paint pen dots.
So any big Saturday or weekend plans? Not me. Still in take it slow mode-but think today I need to run errands.
So exciting, eh?
Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by.




3 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Love the floral image, hope you are feeling better! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Dianne said...

I often need some cheering up after the holidays are over and the decorations are taken down...the fun colors on your card do the trick! thanks for stopping by my art blog!

Basement Stamper said...

Great color blooms, thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge this week.