Saturday, February 16, 2013

What's on the Docket

Today I am making chili since tonight my sister-in-law and brother-in-law are coming for dinner and to watch a hockey game on tv. They are bringing the beer-home brew my brother-in-law makes. Its good too. We call it Burnt Foot Beer since he scalded his foot making a batch a while back.
I hope tonight's game is as good as last night's game. We are playing Boston University again. Last night we should have won 4-3 but they disallowed a goal so it ended tied 3-3. Even the NBC sports commentators said that "Maine dominated the game and should have won. It was the worst call in Hockey East."
Nice to hear that the way Maine has been playing so far this year-  a few unbelievable good games (last night for 1) and several BAD games.
Not sure how much studio time I will get but think I can squeeze in a little bit.
A couple of weekends ago I took a couple of hours and sat down and painted some deli-wrap to use in different art projects. I used some acrylic paint and just added some random designs.
Later on I can cut them up or use them as backgrounds.
Here's the deli wrap I paint. I learned about this from Julie Fei-Fan Balzar when I took a class with her last summer.
I am hooked on this Liquitex acrylics you can buy at Michael's. Especially when they have them on sale at 3 for $10. Not a bad deal for some decent paint.
I did buy some new Tim Holtz Distress paints. I must say I LOVE them too.
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Salty OceanRanger Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Picked Raspberry Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Spiced MarmaladeRanger Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Mowed LawnRanger Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Seedless Preserves
The colors are bold and bright and they cover really well. They aren't shiny like the Liquitex but they have a neat flat finish.
I really love them too.
They are some good base backgrounds and wait til they are on the page and you spray them with some ink...
Been playing with these sheets already, will show you some other day.
Have a great Saturday!





No comments: