Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April Showers Inspiration


I picked up the Henna Hands stencil from Crafter's Workshop.
The Crafters Workshop-12" Templates-Henna Hands
Have been wanting this stencil for awhile, but it was never TOP on my list. Finally decided to pick it up and then sat down with my journal not sure what I was going to do with it.
Anyhow, liked the flower hand so I traced it with a Sharpie on the right side of my page.
That got me thinking about the saying
"April Showers Bring May Flowers"
So I traced the raindrop hand on the left.
Did a bit of coloring with my Copics.
So then I traced the eye out of the middle top hand on each side, kind of to show what I was seeing,
And I drew the vine to show how here in my neck of the woods in New Hampshire the vine would change between April and May.
I used some Twinkling H2O's to color the background.
And some Distress paints to make the grey cloud and the sun.
I painted over the drops of rain to give them a little sparkle which is lost in translation.
 And the right side close ups.
and
Ha-Ha- love this little naked running couple. Bought these one eBay-they're so fun.
They're made by Inkadinkado-most likely years ago.
If any of you have been stamping as long as me (it has been like 15 years) it is interesting to see the trends come and go and the styles slightly change. We had the Flourish surge and everything owls trend. Lots less "art" style stamps than there was too, and I love that style. Companies have come and gone too. I love my older stamps, I must admit, and I have a bunch of cool ones. I've been doing this long enough to see trends come, go and now come back.  Plus there's always new stuff, and die cuts have gotten HUGE. 
I love die cuts too. Must say that.
OK, enough of my gabbing.
Happy Hump Day and I am glad you stopped by.

No comments: