Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Belated Mother's Day

No I didn't forget Mother's Day but I never showed you this card I made for my mother-in-law. It is quite frilly for me but it is perfect for her- and I really like how it came out.
I started by inking my card stock with mango, green and brown ink.  I love these solid mini-butterflies that I then randomly stamped n the cardstock just to give it some interest. They are from a mini set by Hero Arts which I don't know if they even sell any more. I have lots of old stamps in my collection and I love using them. 
Then I added a scrap of old looking printed paper.
I am really happy with the pansies. I die cut the 3 of them with a Sizzix Sizzlets die. I used Distress watercolor markers to color them, and a white Uni-ball pen (the best white pens I think) to outline them. I also die cut the flourish corner (another Sizzix die) on white paper which I then randomly stamped and inked and used a brown marker to outline. The banner is a Paper Smooches die- I outlined it with a black marker and stamped the word (Hero Arts) in brown. Finally I die cut the little dragonfly from a set of mini's from CheeryLynn Designs.


And here is the pansy die from Sizzix I used.
And here is the set from Hero Arts with the mini-butterflies.
BRIGHT BUTTERFLIES Background Silhouette Rubber Stamp Set of 4 / HERO ARTS
This photo makes the stamps look big but they are just peg sized stamps. I think this is one of my most used stamp sets.
Here's the die set from Cheery Lynn Designs I got the dragonfly from. It is great for these kinds of projects.
Cheery Lynn Designs - DIE - Tiny Things with Wings
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: