Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I Found Yarn

So last Saturday I was cleaning and organizing in the basement. I have a cabinet down there that's hard to get into, but I moved some things in front of it and decided to give it a cleaning.
And guess what I found? This sweater I started years ago. The back is all done and the front is half done.
Its a sweater I designed and now all I have to do is figure out where the pattern is so I can finish it up.
I like the colors and its a nice heavy sweater for winter. You might not be able to tell from these pretty poor quality photos, but it has squirrels and acorns on it.
And then I found a box with 19 skeins of Alice Starmore yarn- but from the 1990's- the original stuff.
Scottish Campion.
I actually was lucky enough to have been able to take 2 classes with her back then.


So now the dilemma.
Although I LOVE the colors and would LOVE to knit it up into something,
I kind of think this yarn is worth more as it is in the resale/ebay market than it is for me to knit it up.
I was checking it out and I think I can get a good sum of cash for it, like maybe $200 if I'm lucky.
IF I'm lucky.
There's a risk of course.
Got to think about this, but it was like stumbling onto a mini bank account you forgot you had.
Mini-
but Alice Starmore's yarn and patterns are SUPER hot right now.
What would you do?
I'm looking for advice.

Thanks for stopping by and leave me a message.
I'd love to hear what you have to say.




No comments: