Thursday, March 27, 2014

Cards

Last week I managed to find some studio time each afternoon when I returned home from work.
Haven't had a lot lately, so I got way behind on my card needs. 
I usually send one or two to my mom a week; she's 84 and has to enjoy the fun mail.
I also send a few to my daughter at college because getting mail in college is always a good thing.
Gives me a good excuse to make some cards.
Always love those good excuses.
 What you can't see on this card is the shimmering green tint on the black piece. I used some old shimmering opalesque style ink which really sparkles up the dark background without being too gaudy.
And what you can't see here is the glossy red centers of the flowers that is from using a Gelly Roll Glaze pen.
The images (not the sayings) are from Chocolate Baroque.  This is such a great card set.
Artists Baubles Unmounted Rubber stamp sheet - A4
Its called Artist's Baubles.  Chocolate Baroque is a British Company so I always wait for a sale since that dollar to Pound conversion is always a killer. This month they have had a lot of stamps on sale so its a good time to check them out.
This background is a mix of Copics, Dylusions Inks in a water brush and a bit of Viva Paint Pen for pop.
So I think our temperatures are going to start warming up today!!! Hurray!
Time for this snow to melt so spring can really start being here.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments: