Thursday, April 17, 2014

Card Play

I don't think my cards are anything special. There are many of you who make beautiful complex cards and mine are just kind of simple and basic. But they're fun to make, and just right kind of play  after a long day of work.  I send most of them them off to my daughter at school and to my mom who lives a couple of hours away, and they always appreciate them, flaws and all.
I haven't put up much for cards for awhile so today you get a bonanza.
Yeehaw!
Special little features I really like:
top card-, I made the purple letters in the do you part. I made them with the brush end of my Copic marker, and then outlined them in black. Then I cut them out, and I really like how they came out. I also like the white paint splatter. Peacock by Chocolate Baroque.
I love the bright colors and the hand doodling with a gold pen. It makes the plain green background a little more exotic. And I really like the peacock feather paisley images from Chocolate Baroque also.

This owl image is also from Chocolate Baroque.

Love this new set of stamps from Dina Wakely. I brushed some watercolor along the bottom of the card and then added this bird. I really like how that looks.

I used some brown paint and a wood style stencil (Prima) on some cardboard.  Then I peeled the top layer off the cardboard to use on this card as a background. It was a great way to get the cardboard effect without making the card too heavy in the front.

I like the butterflies which are from the new butterfly Tim Holtz strip die. And I like all the color in this card.
Circle image from Chocolate Baroque.

Hope you enjoyed this little peek at some of my cards.





No comments: