Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer Arrives

Today I have this page from last June to show you.  This page feels so much like summer to me, bright, hot and active. And today is the first day of summer! 
 It is not the reality here right now though. Today here in New Hampshire it is rainy and cool. I am having a wonderful lazy Sunday morning, and since I can't go outside sounds like the perfect studio day for me, even a perfect day to do a bit of cleaning in there-which is desperately needs.
So since today is the first day of summer, and since me the list maker hasn't done a list in forever, thought I would put together a summer hope to do list for myself.
If you are not a list reader, that is OK, you can skip on.

What Adventures  I Hope This Summer Brings

1-Relax and  enjoy (or continue to enjoy) the longer warm days, the flowers, the garden growing, the humming birds buzzing up to the feeder, the birds singing and all that jazz.

2-Read a lot of books while I am relaxing-and hopefully not napping too too much.

3-Make art! Have some good long uninterrupted studio time, try some new things, play with color, play with my camera...etc.

4-Do some new things not usually on my summer agenda. Actually I have already signed up for a 4 day baking  class-which I am hoping to learn and add some more tricks  and also a friend has paddle boards which I would like to try out one day too.

5-Go to some new places.  It is tough this summer for me.  Usually the husband and I (and often my daughter) head out for 10 days of exploring someplace out of our home area, but I have had issues with his kidney dialysis center scheduling anything. So I am going to find some new places to go near by, even if I have to go alone! Let's see where my sense of adventure takes me.

6-Come to some peace about my husband and his kidney issues and also about my mom and her dementia issues. Also I am going in to see if I pass step 2 in the being a kidney donor process and we need to get my mom placed in some type of housing where she will get more care for her dementia.

7-Do some old fashioned summery things like swimming, cook outs, raspberry and blueberry picking, and even a few campfires in the fire pit the hubby is building. All those kind of things.

8- OK, do a couple of house projects. The first one I want to do it finish painting my daughter's old bedroom, which means she and I have to (this is scary) clean out under her bed. I also have a kitchen over flow closet in the basement that needs emptying out, shelf adding and reorganizing. A good project for some hot humid day when the basement is cooler than outside.
And I have to finish purging my play space (but this one is actually enjoyable).

9-Go to a drive in movie.  The only one left around house is for sale and may not be there any longer after this summer. We used to go a lot when my daughter was little.  I want to do that again. And a few of my students are performing with a local theater company that does outdoor plays. I'd love to go see them. Guess the title of this number is redo some things that I haven't done in a long time.

10-And most importantly, not plan too much or be too busy so the summer just buzzes right by in a blink. Have a good fun and happy summer break. Live each moment. Enjoy my down time.

So what might you like to do or be a part of or enjoy this summer?

Thanks for visiting today. 

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful, bright and sunny page, love it! This would also e nice for AJJ!
Hope you are able to implement your plans for the summer, and have a fun time. It must be difficult for you with your Husband's kidney problems, good luck in getting to a solution, also for your Mom. I only have one functioning kidney, and up till now it is coping really well! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is so cool, Erika, lovely bright colours and a very cool design.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your bright and summery page. I'm sorry to hear about your family health issues, but feel your positive attitude will be very helpful as you go through all the decisions you'll need to make. Blessings to you and your family.

Marianne said...

Beautiful page - love the bright summer-colors :)

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous Erika.. hope you will link it to AJJ as well!
oxo
Susi

Anonymous said...

I like your summery page. It was pretty rainy yesterday, I did some reading too. Sounds like a good list, hope you can get both Mom and your hubby square away and into better times. xox