Sunday, July 5, 2015

A Few Little Peaks into My Life

The fireworks were good this year,
even though we weren't very close. And I didn't quite have the setting on my camera set correctly.


 My mother-in-law's neighbor had a few fireworks themselves. 

 It was one of the coldest July 4th's I remember. No body went swimming.We all put on sweat pants and sweatshirts.
 The fire felt good. And earlier, before the rain shower that made it cold, the festivities were down on my mother-in-laws dock.
And people went jet skiing. That's why they are wearing bathing suits.
OK, I take that back. My husband took his niece for a jet ski ride and then he dumped them into the lake.

This is my favorite. My husband took his 81 year old mom for her first ever jet ski. He didn't dump her- thank goodness.  But she loved it.
And all the girls (we all had daughters) played with some henna. Here's my daughter getting a Snoopy henna tattoo.
So even on the 4th there was a little bit of art going on.
That's all for me today. Just a few little peeks into my life.
Hope your weekend is going well too.

2 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun day you had, even if the weather was cool - wish I could have sent you some of our heat! Great to be by the sea, too, and have fun with the jet-ski. How brave of your MiL to go for a ride! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wow.. what an event! Great! You MIL looks so young on this photo ... great she was brave enough to try it out!

Happy new week Erika!