Thursday, July 30, 2015

My Little Summer Journal, Some Pages

Some of the little pages I've been making for my summer memory journal. They aren't always neat or pretty  They are small and made quickly. Its the only way to keep up with it AND have time for other art projects.
I've doodled and colored and played with my rubber stamps. I've also used up some items that I've salvaged from other things. Like that tag in the above page that came on a bottle of coffee syrup I bought.
And I've made pages from magazine pages and used images from magazine pages.
I've been cutting out of this one magazine for a long time but I still keep finding things I like in it.

And I've used some of those papers in my stash.
The only bad thing is this cover won't be big enough to hold my whole summer, so it has become a book just for July. Luckily I had another cover laying around I can use for August.
Will be fun to make another cover!
And here's some of my latest reads for the summer.
It was a lovely day to lounge on the porch with a big glass of ice tea the other day.  I guess that's what summer is all about.
I hope you find a little time to lounge with a good book (or sketchpad and drawing utensil) today!
Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your quick journal pages, and the way you are recording your summer - that's real art journaling! Enjoy your summer, I was out walking for hours again today, also very relaxing. Hugs, Valerie

sheila 77 said...

Your art journal pages are so inspiring - lots of art and reminders of your summer, good combinations.
That's a nice pile of books, I could read any of these. Happy reading!

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful journal pages to record your summer Erika! Great project !