Wednesday, August 19, 2015

All About Blue

A beautiful day on the lake. Hot temperatures, and lots of blue!
It was so hazy last Sunday when I snapped these photos that everything had a blue tint. When I played with the photos in Photoshop, the blue really came out!




And so  how about some blue art too? I was making some background papers for my stash yesterday.
Last winter I had bought some sun paper-(cyanotype paper) that was marked down. Thought I'd give it a try since it was a bright and cloudless summer day yesterday. I had some cool results.
 I played with string and yarn, and got this:
 And a couple of types of lace from my stash.

A few more pieces I made.
 More lace, and below, I stamped and  also doodled with a black Sharpie on acetate.

 Rose leaves and petals. And finally, some netting and a cloth butterfly.
I had so much fun I went on Amazon and ordered another pack of paper to play with, and also I ordered a package of cyanotype fabric so I can sun print on that.
Otherwise, we are still having our heatwave. Another hot day ahead. And last night our house got hit by lightning, but luckily it only fried the direct-tv box. I will admit it was a scary moment because a big spark came out of it as the directly overhead thunder rumbled. It is an easy enough fix, but no TV until they come Monday to replace it. Don't know if that is really all that bad of a thing or not. And certainly good that the house didn't catch on fire or that anyone got hurt.
That's all for me today. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you come on by again sometime soon.




6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your blue photos and art, that paper looks wonderful to play with, you have made some fantastic backgrounds with it. Sorry about the fright with the lightning, I had that back in 2007, when it destroyed my TV and telephone. Glad nobody got hurt though, that's the main thing. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Gosh, you were so lucky with the house. Bet that was real scary.
Love the photos, the sun on the water is terrific and I just love the top one especially. Great to try the sun technique, wish we had enough to warrant my buying some of that paper. Once more we have had a poor summer in the north of England.
Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday.
Hugs, Neet xx

froebelsternchen said...

Good that you were so lucky with the house! Boah! Sounds very scary!!!
Your papers look amazing - I don't know what kind of fabric this is what you have ordered...
will google that name.
The blue photos are excellent !
oxo
Susi

~*~Patty S said...

Ahhh blues speak to me always and what you've shared here is really fabulous!
You live in very beautiful surroundings.
I have always wanted to try the cyanotype with paper before and now I see that there is fabric as well OH MY!
Thanks for an especially lovely post and inspiration.
Glad that storm did not do more damage...scary stuff that's for sure.
I often think how much more time I would have if I turned off the TV more (better to have a choice tho than to have it blow up!)
Take care
oxo

Anonymous said...

Glad the house is okay. Big rumbles last night here, the dogs were not happy. Sun printing, so fun, I am hoping we see this in our journals somewhere soon. Loons, mama and her babies. Love loons. xox

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

WOW! I LOVE the phenomenal papers that you made. Blessings!