Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sun Printing

 I have a Halloween quilt in mind, so over the long weekend I spent a little time sun printing on some fabric sheets from Jacquard. I am going to use at least a few of these on my planned project.
I picked up these sheets off of Amazon, and I was really happy with they way they printed.
 To make the sheet with the bats I used some fabric pre-cut bats that I had in my stash. I love how on the spider web bat the way those images came right through from the fabric.
Most of these ghosts are images I drew, and cut from black paper.  Not the tiny guys those. Those are from a Memory Box die.
I wanted to tie all my pieces together so I used some tiny wooden stars I had. That way there no matter what sheets I end up using on my fabric project there will be a connection.
Die cut images (cut from black paper) work really well.
I love making Halloween themed art so I have a few dies in my supply collection.
Here's some more of my own images. The web is a little rough but that's the charm of it.





I had wanted to do some sewing last weekend, but with everything else that was going on I didn't get around to any art other than making these pieces. But I will make up for that some other time!
That's all for me. Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

These are all fantastic, love the idea - what a fab piece this will make! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wow.. amazing are all these sun printings! Looking forward to what you will come up with !
Happy day!
oxo
Susi

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

What fun!

~*~Patty S said...

Oh Erika!
These look fabulous...sun printing is something I have wanted to try for awhile now.
Thank you for sharing!
Seeing the product cover helps me alot.
I was at Amazon a week or so ago looking and couldn't make a decision on what I should get.
What a wonderful quilt this will make.
oxo

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea for Halloween. You rocked it. xox

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in awe of this project. I have wanted to do sun printing for a long time, but knew I didn't have the paint or the products to make anything. You did a fantastic job. You are right. The web is amazing. I can't sew anything that requires precision, so I will be watching for your quilt.