Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Bonjour


I was inspired to make this page because I was listening to some Frank Sinatra while working, and one of his songs, I Love Paris, started to play. I knew right then what I wanted to make my page about.
I used this TH stamp to make the buildings block. The other stamped images are from Hero Art, Stampington, B-Line Designs and Judi-kins (the Fleur-de-lis). I fussy cut and then used a gold pen to outline the leaves of my fleur-de-lis image, which makes it look very rich.
It was also fun to pull out these stamps as I haven't used them in a long time. Sometimes I think about doing a major clean out of my stamps, getting rid of 50% of them, and then, I make a page like this. And when I use them, and they are so much fun, I think twice. 
Still I could use a good purge! I started one last winter and never got too far, so maybe I am not really ready to ditch anything much.
Ha-ha!
I am linking this page up to Art Journal Journey. The theme this month is architecture, and it is being hosted by Sheila. Stop by and check out all the interesting entries.
That's all for me today. Time to get ready to get off to work. Thanks for visiting!


10 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

What a beautiful page Erika!The background itself is a beauty!!! And fantastic with the stamped images and all the other elements you added.
I have too many stamps as well.. but won't give some away - I always think I will need them once... but I don't buy new ones for sure! Lol!
Have a great Wednesday! Thanks a lot for another supper page to the architecture theme!
oxo
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Another lovely page, Paris is a lovely place, that's for sure. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

I love the map gelli print background. Bonjour to you too. xox

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the richness that all the layers created in this piece. I love Frank Sinatra's music too. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Paris! 'le sigh' a beautiful page, Erika .. you have captured the essence. hugs, Donna

Nancy Chan said...

I have been listening to Frank Sinatra when I was very young. Its a pretty page.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

When I first saw this page, I thought it looked like you had created a map of the streets of Paris. Your background is so rich and warm. I never seem to go that far, and that's why your background looks so rich. I'm truly impressed and love everything about this.

sheila 77 said...

Oh my, what a fabulous background, lots of patterns and shapes, like a map but not one you could follow, and it's great combined with the old hand-writing too. I like your stamped buildings, you never know when a stamp will come in handy.
Hope you had a good day at work.

Little Artbee said...

Wow Modern Art from its best. I love your page and its interesting background texture.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

hazel said...

A wonderful journal page, I shall have the song going round my head all day.
xxx Hazel.