Thursday, February 18, 2016

Heart Flowers

Can you see the hearts in these flowers?
This is a journal page I doodled and painted. I started with hearts and then turned them into flowers. I was really playing around with paints, trying to shade different colors into the flowers and I can't say this is one of my best journal pages, and I can't say the shading came out like I wanted.
I do like my background though.
But it is my page to show you today.
I am linking up to Moo Mania because the theme this fortnight is hearts.

I am also linking to Art Journal Journey. Hazel is hosting and the theme is "If Music is the Food of Love, Play On".
So I am starting to get excited about my vacation. Just 2 more days of work. I'm taking off this Saturday with my daughter for some change of scenery and hopefully warmer weather. Plus I am excited I'll get to spend a week with my daughter having fun.
But first- 2 more days of work. Even my school principal said to me the other day that she couldn't wait for this week to be over. It doesn't seem like we should need a vacation, but I think we all do. Tonight I need to finish up my packing, which is always a little stressful I think after a busy day at work. I know that if I forget anything I can just buy what I need there, but for some reason I still worry I am going to forget something I really need.
I'm off and running.
Have a wonderful Thursday!



15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your heart flowers, the are so pretty, and thanks again for joining us at
Art Journal Journey and Moo Mania and More. Hope the days go by quickly so that you can start on your vacation, have a great time away. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Your heartshaped flowers look wonderful and in my mind the shading is really great ! Wishing you the best for vacation! ENJOY dear Erika!
oxo
Susi

froebelsternchen said...

Shame on me! I forgot to say :
THANK YOU FOR joining us at AJJ and Moo Mania & More!
♥♥♥♥♥
Susi

Nancy Chan said...

I do like your flowers. Have a happy day!

sheila 77 said...

Have a great vacation, Erika.
Your flowers look great, the colours just burst off the page (screen) and I like the cool snowy background for the contrast.

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your heart flowers Erika!! Enjoy your vacation time:)

Indira said...

Yes, I could see the hearts in the flowers. I love the colors. They actually look transparent, which is how hearts should be. Enjoy your vacation with your daughter.

Anonymous said...

Loveley heartflowers ;) they are beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend ...

hazel said...

I love your page, the heart flowers are beautiful, have a lovely vacation.
xxx Hazel.

Giggles said...

Love your flowers they are beautiful!! Perfect for the AJJ theme too!!

Hugs Giggles

Tammy N said...

I love these bright happy heart flowers!

genie said...

I taught for 54 years and I can certainly relate to how badly you need a break in February. What it is about this month that is the killer. I hope you have a WARM and enjoyable time with your daughter. You have earned the break the hard way. I was a 6th grade middle school English teacher who retired at 74. I am now 77 and still sub. I miss the kids so much. I love your journal page. I doodle all the time but am too embarrassed to post them. I like how you went from the heart doodles to the flowers. I am curious what kind of paints you used. They look too think and bright for watercolors. I think your page is perky and happy...just how you are going to feel when you are away. Take care. Have a safe trip. Have fun. genie

genie said...

Yesterday I wrote you a comment but something must have gone wrong because it never posted. I just love your doodles made into love flowers and the colors are so bright and pretty. I , too, like the way your background turned out. I am a newbie so have lots of questions for people. I am curious to know what paints you used because they are so bright and thick in appearance. They do not appear to be the watercolors I usually use. Hope this goes through and that you have a lovely weekend. genie

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love these heart flowers! Enjoy your vacation! Hugs, Chrisx

Rika said...

cheerful and pretty!