Saturday, November 26, 2016

No Paint

Its been a busy  and fun Thanksgiving weekend in my world. I've eaten too much delicious food, played lots  rounds of the kid's board game CLUE, gone shopping, and then some more shopping. My house is a mess with Christmas decoration boxes. I've done some of  my decorating. At least I finally got all the Thanksgiving dishes (that were clean) put away. But the piles of laundry  need to be attacked. Now I am ready for a relaxing vacation. Too bad the weekend winds down tomorrow. :)
So I haven't done any art at all, but here's a journal page I finished up before the holiday weekend. 
I made it by layering colored paper, old sewing patterns, paper from an old phone book and and some printed tissue paper. Then I added some stamped images, some paper measuring tape (left behind by one of my husband's visiting nurses) and a cloth bow. I colored the stamped stars with a gold marker.
I'm linking up to Art Journal Journey. This month Susi is hosting and the theme is collage-but NO faces, leaves or wings. 
I know November is winding time but there is still time  to join in.
And I am also linking up to Try It On Tuesday. The present theme is layering, and I think this page works just perfect for that.
So I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, and enjoy what is left to it.


11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Are those scissors stamps? If so, I have stamp envy! They are awesome. LOVE the page. It really spoke to me.

I'm about 3/4 decorated, but took more time out to spend Saturday with a sick friend. Unlike you, the only shopping I've done is at the grocery store. But I finished the last of my laundry about an hour ago, and have washed all the dishes I intend to use between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I do it every year, whether they need it or not. At least all my trees are out.

Have a fun week at school.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, love all the layers of tissue paper you used. Great idea to put in the paper measuring tape, too. Glad to hear you had such a good weekend, you needed a long weekend after all the stress of recent weeks. Have a good Sunday, have fun, hugs,Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic page - just super ! Great you enjoyed Thanksgiving!
Happy Sunday Erika!
Thank you for joining the No No No theme again!
♥♥♥
Susi

Rike said...

I like your page very much, beautiful colors and cool collage! It reminds me on the days, when I sewed my clothes by myself.
Rike x

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful page Erika, fantastic layers of sewing details and papers.
Enjoy the rest of your break.
Yvonne xx
p.s. Thank you for sharing this page with us over at TioT's.

Jeanie said...

I really love this page, Erika. It has a lot of energy, lots going on, yet it looks "together" (versus that mess we sometimes get when we pile layers on -- well, I get that mess... maybe it never happens to you!)

You're a brave woman to shop this weekend. I don't go to the store -- any store. I'm starting with decorating but we've had lots of food times which means cooking (which I love) which means less decking the halls. This too will move forward. Mostly, I am enjoying being with family and friends. That's the best of Thanksgiving!

sheila 77 said...

What a pretty page. I like the warm colours, the green stars and the bow and the way you have made it all come together.
I am in awe (always) of the way you make art amid all your other activities.

Let's Art Journal said...

Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving! Your journal page is lovely with all the wonderful layering of papers and tissues and I love the sewing theme too! We start decorating our house the beginning of December, I can't wait - I love Christmas :-). Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! J :-)

froebelsternchen said...

Thank you also for joining Try It On Tuesday dear Erika!
Happy new week ahead!

Marjut said...

Gorgeous page. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

Mrs.B said...

A great page Erika, love the sewing theme. Love the fact that you've used a real sewing pattern as one of your many layers.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril xx