Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Steampunkish

This page has such a bow to it. Sorry for the not so great photo, but I was trying to snap it while there was still some natural light. 
So today another page for art journal journey. This month our hostess is the talented Susi, and her theme is collage, but NO wings, faces or leaves.
My page started out with me finding this steampunk heart stamp in my stash, and somehow I got thinking about Dr Who (the old series), don't ask me how that goes together but it is how my brain works I guess.
So my page became  bit of a steampunk style page, and I must say I like it, rolled corners and so much going on.
So its just the hubby and I today, as I am off from work, the daughter is at work and the dogs went to daycare to run off some energy. Since we need to go out and get our food for Thanksgiving tomorrow, we are going to try a little shopping too.  Let's see how well hubby's energy holds out, but I think he is excited to go and have something to do. I'm excited to spend the day together.
That's all for me.  Hope everyone has a great day!


7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, love the colours and the steampunk theme. Have a great day, enjoy the shopping, and happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow. Hugs, Valerie

Gibby Frogett said...

oooh this fantastic Erika, and I like that its not all brown and dark like a lot of Steampunk - it has lovely colours.
Love the way you did the tap too.
I'm still making things and looking for ideas for our Steampunk themed Xmas tree - a tap on it might look quite nice and quirky :)
Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow.
Gill xx

froebelsternchen said...

An awesome page --- it rocks!
Great to hear that hubby is able to go shopping with you already!
Thank you very much for another wonderful entry to this month's theme!
Oh and you asked me how many siblings were on the back of the sea blue VW beetle.. I was unfortunately a single child - my half brother was born as I were already 15.

oxo
Susi

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page , love the steampunk pieces and the vibrant background.
Hope your day was good.
Yvonne xxx

baili said...

I liked it's colours and theme as well.
Hope you enjoy your holiday with hubby .best of luck for shopping. Happy thanksgiving day in advance dear.

Jeanie said...

I love the page! I know what you mean about the frustrating bow but that just happens. Hope the shopping trip went well!

Linda said...

Beautiful! I really appreciate your talent in art. :)