Thursday, August 3, 2017

Art and Flowers

Hi everyone. I have a busy blog post for you. Today I have a couple of pieces of art along with the rest of my photos from the bridge of flowers. 
So first I have a journal page for  Art Journal Journey. This month's hostess is Jo and her fun challenge is poetry in motion.
I was in a silly mood yesterday when I made this page. I dug out this book of children's poetry that I remember getting when I was probably around 10 years old.
In it is a poem by Lewis Carroll that appeared in his book, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
The Crocodile
How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale! 

How cheerfully he seems to grin
How neatly spreads his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in,
With gently smiling jaws! 

The background is a piece of watercolor paper that I wiped down some paint brushes on, and then I drew and painted the croc and fish. He doesn't look as frightening as a real crocodile, but I wouldn't want to be those little fish.
And over at Moo Mania its the last few days of the CAT challenge. So I made this silly cat tag.
I just couldn't seem to get the cat face the way I wanted it. I painted over the slanted cat eyes because they looked too evil, and then I made big eyes which looked too goofy and I finally settled with these.
I made my tag background with stamping coloring and using some scraps of a polka dot napkin.
I like this pink, orange and blue combination lately, so I am going to link up to Tag Tuesday, My Favorite Color Combination challenge. 
And finally, I have more photos from my trip last week to the Bridge of Flowers in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts.  If you want to see the other the links are here: July 30th post and July 31 post.














That's finally it for me today. Hope you're having a great day!

13 comments:

chrissie said...

A wonderful happy post with great craft projects. Love that you still have yhe childhood book of poems

The tag is terrific with wonderful colours and a colourful cat as well

Thank you for joining us at Tag Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

I would so love to visit that bridge of flowers, thanks so much for sharing the wonderful photos. Love your cat tag, he looks bold and funny, and I adore the journal page with Lewis Carroll's fun poem, which you have illustrated so wonderfully. Have a lovely day, I'm off for a nap now! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

I love your fancy crocodile- it looks very dangerous -lol - a lovely idea to use this lovely poem of one of the books of your own childhood! And the cat tag is so fancy - the cat reminds me somehow of Garfield but more kind of Garfield on a diet-lol - lovely background as well!
Fantastic photos of those wonderful flowers there! A amazing bridge to visit!
Thank you so much for joining Moo Mania & More as well as Art Journal Journey with this fabulous post!
We have so so hot today - uncredible -
I guess that's the hottest day here in Austria this year until now.
oxo Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Your poem and page really made me smile, thank you! The poem is wonderful, I enjoyed reading the verses and you have portrayed it beautifully on your page! I adore your cheerful crocodile painting and I have to say he looks very pleased to be chasing those fish ... lol 😀. Your cat tag is lovely with your happy cat, pretty heart stamps and lace flowers! Such amazing flower photos too and they look so artistic with the rain droplets sitting on them! I know I've said it before but the flower bridge is such a beautiful place to spend some time 😁. Thanks for joining in the fun at Art Journal Journey and wishing you a Happy Thursday! J 😊

nanskidrewski said...

I love Joan Walsh Anglund's artwork and poetry. I have so many of her books. I especially love the crocodile tag. The flowers are awesome. Happy napping, take it easy, frequency of the naps, not intensity :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm not generally a poetry fan, but I love this kind of poem :) and your illustration is perfect!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, you are really being productive in the art category today. LOVE the cat (so does Bleubeard) and your alligator is quite a hoot. I can't seem to get the theme. I'm having a hard time with it. You, on the other hand, have created a fun piece.

I wish my garden looked as great as the Bridge. It's simply incredible. Your photos inspire me!

Meggymay said...

The crocodile and poem are such fun, it is a fabulous journal page.
Its good to have books that mean a lot to you from school times.
Your tag was great as well, I loved the expression on the cats face.
More super photos from the trip. The raindrops on the leaves and flowers looked lovely, but maybe you would have wanted it not to rain.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

I love your crocodile page. So whimsical. the sentiment on the cat made me laugh. Perfect. eyes are hard to draw.

Your pics of the flowers at the bridge are just awesome. You really have an eye.

Stay cool

craftytrog said...

I love your cat and croc, wonderful art!
Beautiful photos too!
Alison

Rosie said...

So wonderful artwork and beautiful flowers, Erika.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Jeanie said...

I was in Shelburne Falls eons ago but either the Bridge is new since then or I never saw it because I know I would have remembered something so amazing. Your photos are fabulous and your art is LOADs of fun!

sheila 77 said...

I'm so glad I didn't miss this. Your crocodile is great, smiling while threatening the poor little fishes (maybe they will escape) and I'm so glad I didn't miss your lovely orange cat with his typically cat-like thoughts.