Friday, October 6, 2017

It's Friday!

Happy Friday everyone. It's almost the weekend, and in a way for me it is like the weekend already. Today the kids don't have classes,  and we have a teacher work day. We should have lots of time to do our work too rather than just meetings (ugh) all day.  Plus it's a long holiday weekend  as Monday is Columbus Day here in the US. I am a little excited for a day off  because the hubby does not have the day off.  Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for him having to go to work, but I am also excited for a quiet day to myself. I don't have any plans but I can think of lots of fun things to do. :)
Here's another page from calendar journal. I love the cool postcard on the bottom of the piece. It was a freebie I found a few weeks ago when we went to Vermont. There was a little stack in the train station advertising a local hostel. I wish I had taken a couple more because it is a really perfect addition to art.
I linking up to Art Journal Journey and Elke's thought provoking challenge "Landscapes of the Soul".
Somedays I feel like this and would like to disappear. But not really not permanently. 
Do you have any weekend plans?  We have a wedding to go to on Sunday which I have mixed feelings about attending (its over 2 hours away and isn't until Sunday evening), and tonight I am going out to dinner with the Japanese group that is visiting our school. The city I work in has a sister city in Japan that comes to visit every fall. In the spring, members from our school go to Japan to visit them. Unless something comes up, I am part of the group going to Japan in April. It is very exciting as I have never been Asia and finally I have a year that I should be able to go.
That's all for me. Happy Friday (or weekend if you should read this later), and thanks for visiting.

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the journal page, the postcard is perfect for it. Enjoy your 'free-do-as-you-like-da on Monday, I'm sure you will think of something to do! And how nice to have Japan to look forward to, wow. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Love your page. Hope you get a lot done on your in-service day.Having a day to yourself will be heavenly, too. Cool about the trip to Japan, and then you'll get to tell us all about it. Just imagine the T Day posts! Have a great weekend and Happy Smile Day

Jeanie said...

You are going to find Japan fascinating! I became involved with our Sister City (Otsu) back years ago when Rick worked for the Lansing Chamber and then the Japan America Society of Michigan and have welcomed home stay guests during the exchanges. We made wonderful friends we still keep in touch with and it was a joy to introduce the sister city delegates, who stayed for a year, to such things as Christmas tree cutting and decorating, hot chocolate, our up-north, Scrabble and so much more. I had total culture shock my first three days in Tokyo, terrified to be separated from Rick but once we got in the smaller areas felt much more confident. I'm so excited for you.

That's a terrific postcard. I hope someday you go back and get lots more!

froebelsternchen said...

I suppose you will have fun on the extra free Monday !
Thought of you as we watched the Angelina Jolie film on Netflix yesterday. Very emotionally powerful moments - worth to see.
This page is fabulous and reminds me of a quote I just read about old souls:
"The reason old souls enjoy spending time alone, is because they never really are.

It sounds exciting - a marriage - wish you much fun!
And the Japan trip sounds exciting - wow wow wow ...hope for you that nothing comes up and you can take this trip.

Happy weekend Erika and thank you for linking this super page to Elke's theme!
Much appreciated my friend!
oxo Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

Congrats on the trip to Japan! How exciting!

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic quote on the page Erika, yes it would be good to hide away occasionally for a few hours.
Enjoy your weekend, it sounds like you have a number of outings planned.
Japan in April will be a wonderful trip for you.
Happy weekend Erika.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As impressed as I was with your adorable journal page, I was even MORE impressed to read you are going to Japan in the spring. You are SO, SO lucky. Perks of the job, I suspect, because we have 5 sister cities and they never do exchanges like that!

Have a fabulous weekend, and decide if the wedding is worth the effort. After all, it is YOUR life!

sheila 77 said...

I am once again amazed at all the Real Life things you do as well as keeping your art and blog going.
I can see why you like this postcard, it's good to have some alone time, but only if you know that others will be around again soon.
Your October header is fun.

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy Friday! Your page is so cool with that amazing postcard, stary night, Washi tape border and steampunk hat - beautiful 😁. Have a lovely weekend and wishing you a Happy Anniversary dear Erika! J 😊

Anonymous said...

Hope you are enjoying the weekend. xox